Monday, January 09, 2006

I Hate Mondays

Back to work today. Feel like I was just there.... oh wait, I was. Can't wait to hear what forced uncompensated overtime awaits me this week. Is it just me, or do many companies have no idea how to motivate their employees? Do they really think forcing employees to work overtime will result in things getting done faster? For some of you clueless managers and executive types out there, let me shed some light.

If you make me work overtime and are not going to pay me, the following things are going to occur:

I am going to do less work ALL DAY, EVERY DAY, until the overtime goes away.
I am going to come in late and take long lunches to help make up for the extra time you are making me spend.
I am going to do as many things to make your life difficult as I can get away with.

Overall, it is a losing proposition for you. In the long run, I will be a less effective, resentful employee. I will think of every way possible to get even.

Bottom line, think twice before you try and tap into this "Free" resource, because it has a hidden price that you wouldn't believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home