Friday, January 13, 2006

So what do I want?

I have myself convinced that I could truly be happy if I could find the right available woman.

This in itself, is a sad statement - that my happiness is dependent on someone else.

But aside from that, assuming it is true, I doubt it will ever happen. I generally believe that at least 50% of the female population is a pain in the ass. So based on the fact that most of the good ones are already taken, that leaves me with basically 3% to choose from. So with those odds, I decided it just isn't worth it. So I remain unhappy, unfulfilled. I think what prevents me from doing anything is truly this: I am afraid I won't find the happiness I was so sure I would feel when finding the right partner. So it paralyzes me, and I do nothing.... a vicious cycle.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger ZitaKatalin said...

Hi, just wanted to comment on your blog. I like it. It's simple and sweet and ... it gives me a point of view of someone my age of the opposite sex.
I agree with what you said about finding 'eligible' single people. It is hard, but ... it is neccessary if you really want to find someone ... Viscious cycle - perhaps. But I wouldn't look at it that way. I think you can make it fun, if you really put your mind to it. Be optimistic, smile more and ... things will happen for ya.
Do you have a pic of your dog?
I have a pit bull, she's 2 and a half. Yes, they do take a lot out of you, but they love you back so it is very worth it. I like hanging out with my dog too, she's mellow like me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home