Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Old Dudes. What will we do when they are gone?

I've been told or stumbled across news of a couple of old Rock n' Rollers putting out new CDs in the near future.

Donald Fagen of Steely Dan is putting out "Morph the Cat" in March. This guy is definitely a weird dude, but I really like his stuff. The jazz-rock sound of Steely Dan and Fagen is still fresh and original today. I am really looking forward to this. I heard the first pre-release single H-Gang on one of the XM stations the other day. You can hear it on Donald's new (still under construction) website.

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd is putting out "On an Island" also in March. I think I am even looking forward to this one even more, considering we haven't had anything new from him since Floyd's 1994 Division Bell.

As much as I really don't like shelling out $ for CDs anymore, especially now that I have XM, I will probably still pick up both of these. Good music is so hard to find these days, gotta snatch up what you can when you can. When these 60 year old guys are gone, the pickings will get even slimmer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home