Friday, January 20, 2006

Sub-Par Products Redux

I am following up on this topic for a couple reasons.

First, the original post was regarding the Delphi MyFi. I can see why Delphi is in financial trouble. There was a recall for the original battery that came with the MyFi, Pioneer AirWare, and Tao XM2GO. They were apparently melting.

My radio that I received as a Christmas gift has the new white battery in it. They (Delphi) must not have had any idea which units had shipped with the old black battery that melts, or new white one that doesn't. Why do I say this? Because I got a little present in the mail today, another battery.

So I think, COOL, now I have a spare. But then I remember that since I can't get any reception in "portable" mode, I will probably never use it on battery power anyway.... unless I spring for that other antenna, which is sounding more and more plausible...

I also bring this up because my brother's 36" TV that can't be more than 3 years old died a few days ago. It is a JVC, which consumer reports rated as excellent, go figure.

I also had my compact RCA stereo apart the other night, as one channel wasn't coming through when listening to CDs. Really weird, the radio and cassette were fine. So I took it apart, expecting to find something fried, but I didn't. I wiggled some wires around, put it back together, and VOILA!, it works again..... weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home