Thursday, February 23, 2006

When is enough enough?

I have been talking recently with a friend of mine about the culture of America(specifically corporate America). We both agree it pretty much sucks. It is a culture of greed. People are never satisfied. Always want more. Gotta grow the business. More More More. I think this culture (along with misguided technology) has ruined the fabric of our society, family values, etc.

The one thing that I do remember from my ISO training was the guy saying "Companies that stay the same are doomed to fail" or something of the sort. I actually have a contrarian view to this. I call it "Leave well enough alone" or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". While I do agree that people and companies sometimes have to adapt and change to survive, I think that those who change for the sake of change, or those who change out of pure greed are ultimately doomed to fail.

A message to you out there who I might be describing (and you know who you are):

Stop and smell the roses.
As human beings, we are all equal in the end.
He who dies with the most toys does NOT win!
Think about what is really important in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home