Thursday, July 26, 2007

Strange Dreams

Historically speaking, I never dream. Or at least I certainly never remember them AT ALL. Maybe have a vague recollection of having had (does "having had" really sound right?) a dream when I wake up. Recently, however, I have had dreams, and actually remembered them. Weird ones too. They all seem to have very literal meanings though.

Take for example the one where I am in the backseat of a car trying to drive up a hill in the winter time. We can't get up the hill, and eventually start sliding backwards faster and faster, and eventually slide right off a cliff...... pretty easy to figure out, right? The driver and other passenger in the front seat were from work. So I interpret this as meaning I am never going to get any further ahead at work, and eventually things will get so bad that I will have to leave. That is my interpretation anyway.

The funny thing about it is, that I have no real desire to "get ahead" at work. I think most managers (at least in my 16 years at this company) that have come and gone over the years were absolute dysfunctional morons. They are managers based on the fact they have no actual skills of any value to perform real tangible tasks. The thought of becoming one of them, and having to deal with them on a more regular basis gives me the hee-bee-gee-bees! I am just not a bullshit artist, so therefore could never really last in that world.

Anyway, I wonder what I will dream of tonight.... hopefully not work related.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home