Saturday, March 08, 2008

So what do we do?

I am to the point where I am beyond laughing at our MORON president. To see him with that smug look on his face (I think he is incapable of saying anything with a straight face) say "I know this is a difficult time for our economy" and "But we recognized the problem early and we provided the economy with a booster shot" should have been laughable. He went on to say the effects of the stimulus package are "just starting to kick in". HUH? The checks haven't even been mailed yet. (As an aside, the government is sending out a letter to explain the rebates at cost of 42 million dollars.... and yes, that is just a letter to explain it.)

Do they seriously believe that an extra $600 per person is really gonna do anything? Somehow I bet that extra $600 is going to go to pay for $4 a gallon gas. So other than stimulating Bush's oil company cronies pockets, this is useless.

I still believe oil is the key for our immediate well being. It either needs to be eliminated as the main source of energy (and definitely MUST be long term), or something has to be done to make it more affordable. The problem is that the people in power are profiting so much off of it, nothing is being done. Eventually, I think it will come back to bite them in the ass. I may sound like a crackpot here, but I think with the way things are going, we could see anarchy within our lifetimes, as the poor become poorer and the middle class is no more.

P.S. - MORON President also said he had not heard that gas might go to $4 a gallon. WOW..... all I can say is WOW..... What color is the sky on your planet????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home