Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Jim Rice

Oh, and by the way, the idiot sportswriters failed to elect Rice again this year. 16 votes short I believe I heard. I think it has be 14 years now they have managed to screw this up. Even the one guy who did manage to get elected this year after his own wait to get in - Rich "Goose" Gossage - says Rice belongs in the hall. Gossage said something to the effect of how he feared no hitter when he pitched, but Rice came the closest. I bet if you ask any of the other pitchers that pitched to him back in the 70's and early 80's, they would tell you they were afraid of him!

I think I heard Rice has 1 more chance to get in. After that, he can still get in through the veterans committee I believe. It never should have come to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home