Friday, May 16, 2008

I feel sorry for kids

They most likely won't know the joy of a ride in the country. It's too expensive a pleasure now.

I remember spending a lot of time riding around in my youth. Getting out to see stuff. Now I hardly drive anywhere other than work, the grocery stores, and the golf course on the weekends.

I was thinking the other day I would love to just go for a ride. Maybe to look at houses for sale, or just to see what is new around town. Nope, can't do it. Unless I want to go broke...

I have to laugh, a Chrysler commercial is on TV - "Chyrsler is PROTECTING you from high gas prices". Really? Protecting? Wow....

Which brings up another thing that I've been hearing regarding their 2.99 promo. Economists don't think it is a good deal, and you would actually do better with cash back.... Well, based on economists records as of late (how many predicted oil this high this soon?), it certainly could be a good deal. A year from now everyone else is paying 7 bucks a gallon, while you pay 3? Sounds pretty good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home